Contributing Writer (Remote)
Let’s Eat, Grandma (LEG) is seeking candidates for Contributing Writer positions to join our talented and rapidly growing writing team. Contributing Writers collaborate with our clients to create resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn Profiles that give job seekers the tools, confidence, and hope they need to advance in their careers.
The ideal candidate is able to manage multiple projects and adhere to LEG’s commitment to exceptional customer service and writing quality. This Contributing Writer position will be conducted remotely and will report to our Managing Editor.
• Commit to at least 10 projects per month (20 – 25 hours per week), which involves conducting a 30-minute consultation with clients, writing resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles, and collaborating with Managing Editor and Proofreader to revise drafts.
• Although you will work with a Managing Editor, we expect you to research your clients’ industries, thoroughly review the job descriptions they provide, be familiar with industry terminology, use a clear and persuasive writing style with appropriate word choices for the client’s experience, and proofread your work for accurate spelling, content, and word choice.
Qualifications & General Skills
• Relevant Experience: Two years in resume writing or another writing position
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) preferred
• Working knowledge of Google Gmail and Calendar, and Microsoft Word
• Strong commitment to clear and persuasive writing
• Comfortable working remotely while independently managing a schedule and meeting deadlines
• Strong communication skills, able to collaborate internally with writing team and Managing Editor, and externally with clients
• Ability and confidence to interact independently and proactively with clients under minimal supervision
• Detail-oriented, well-organized, and focused on delivering high-quality documents with minimal errors
• Candidates must be based in the U.S.
Why Work for Let’s Eat, Grandma?
• Collaborative Culture: We are an enthusiastic and supportive team of professionals who are truly committed to helping others achieve their career goals. We enjoy providing exceptional service for our clients and making sure they feel confident and optimistic about their futures.
• Schedule Flexibility: You will have flexibility to create your own schedule, within the parameters of delivering all drafts to your Managing Editor and to your clients on time, and being available for your scheduled 30-minute client consultations.
• Frequent Incentives: We award bonuses each week to writers who receive stellar client reviews.
The pay is project-based, and our pay scale is incremental and commensurate with experience. We continually evaluate our writers and guide them to advance to higher writer levels with higher pay rates.
How to Apply
If interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• Your resume
• A cover letter for the position
• Two relevant writing samples
Let’s Eat, Grandma provides and maintains a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism, and cooperation. Let’s Eat, Grandma is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.